You took the ACT in the spring of your junior year, and you may have taken the SAT as well. To get the best score possible, retake the exam(s) in the fall of your senior year. Colleges will use your best score for scholarship and admission decisions.
Use these strategies to help ensure a higher score:
- Get familiar with the exam so you don’t waste time on exam day.
- Take official practice exams in all four subject areas.
- Focus your attention on the subjects you find most challenging.
- Gather items needed for the exam the day before, including an approved calculator and sharpened pencils.
- Arrive early and rested on test day.
- Answer all the questions, there is no penalty for guessing.
Planning to attend a community college? You may be required to take the Accuplacer or Companion placement tests. Your college will provide details.